Sunday, February 19, 2017

Weekend Recap: Amazing Weather Edition

In case you didn't notice, the weather here in Michigan was unbelievable this weekend. It was sunny and cool Thursday and Friday, but by Saturday and Sunday it was sunny and in the mid to upper 60's! As luck would have it, we had big plans to work on the nursery this weekend, but we still got out and enjoyed this little gift from the weather gods as much as possible. 

This is what your hair looks like after rolling around on the couch like a crazy person for ten minutes!

We went to Open Gym again on Thursday, and these three little cuties had the place to themselves. 

Thursday after nap, we played outside for over an hour. I don't know who loved it more, the dogs or Lucy!

Giving Myrtle the Turtle some kisses. 

Poor Snort. He's 13 years old, 90% deaf, and losing his eyesight as well. That little bit of playtime definitely did him in!

In case there was any doubt about my hopping social life on a Friday night . . . 

Saturday morning we were up and out bright and early. It was still chilly enough that Lucy needed her coat, but the sunshine was great!

Play hard, nap hard. For both of us!

Saturday afternoon I drove Lucy down to my parents' for the night, and Matty and I went out with two other couples. We went to Batch Brewery in Detroit and sat outside comfortably until 10:00pm . . . on February 18!! And I don't have a single picture to prove it :(  I was too busy stuffing my face with soft pretzels, fish tacos, and praline pecan bread pudding! #pregnancyparadise   It was so nice to get out without kiddos for awhile. Of the six of us that went, four of us had birthdays in February or March, and two of us are having baby girls next month. We knew if we didn't get together soon, it wasn't going to happen! 

When we got home Saturday evening, the dingos had taken it upon themselves to get on the furniture and spread the pillows out everywhere, and this is how we found Snort! Remember in my earlier picture when I said he was practically deaf? He had no clue we had come inside the house. Guard dog, he is not. 

My parents didn't bring LuLu back until almost 5:00 on Sunday so that Matty and I could get some work done around the house. My awesome husband spent almost FOUR HOURS putting together this sideboard from Ikea!

It was totally worth it, though! This spot below the pictures has been bare for almost five years. The cabinets on either side will be used to store some of Lu's toys that are currently kept in what will be Emily's room. Now I have to figure out how to decorate the top of it. 

After taking a break to walk the dogs and enjoy the beautiful weather, Matty put Emily's crib together. Things are moving along nicely, and all that's left to be put together is her dresser. 

By the time we finished allll of our tasks for the day, we had about 20 minutes before Lucy was going to be home, and we were going to have a birthday dinner for Matty with our parents. We spent some of those 20 minutes soaking up some sun, and Matty took this super flattering picture of me. 

Matty's actual birthday is Tuesday, but we celebrated today with his requested meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. I made the top of his meatloaf extra special!

Once again, Lucy is celebrating without her shirt on. She painted her hands with mashed potatoes at dinner and then decided to scratch her armpits. Ha! Needless to say, her shirt was pretty messy. Oh, and I can't take credit for the pie . . . Matty's mom made it!

What a great weekend! It got me thinking about what it would be like to live some place where 68 and sunny was the norm in February. 

As usual, we have a fairly busy week planned. Most important is Matty's birthday on Tuesday. Lucy and I can't wait to celebrate his special day!

Have a great week!


Post a Comment