Sunday, January 29, 2017

Life Lately/Weekend Recap

A combo post since there was no post on Thursday. In case you didn't notice, which you probably didn't. Believe me, you don't want the nitty gritty details of our life lately or our weekend. At about 3:00 on Wednesday afternoon I noticed my stomach felt a little funny. At 4:00 I realized I needed some help so I called Matty and he came home from work. By 4:30 he was on the phone with my mom to have her come out and help with Lucy. The stomach flu hit me hard and fast and it was awful. 

I think my last of eight "episodes" was at midnight, and I was feeling pretty terrible, so Matty stayed home with me on Thursday. My mom came back over bright and early to help with Lucy, but we quickly realized Lu was not going to stand for mama just laying around on the couch or in bed, so my mom packed her up and took her home for two and a half days. Why so long? Because when Matty went back to work on Friday morning, he was home by 9am with the same problems I had! Thank goodness someone else had Lucy, because we literally did not get out of bed all day. 

By Saturday I was feeling a little bit better so Lucy came home and my MIL came over in the afternoon Saturday and Sunday to help out. It's now Sunday evening, and we both agree that we are feeling better as far as the flu symptoms go, but we are TIRED. . . and never thought we'd be happy to see a weekend end!

Here's a few pics from the past week or so. 

Can you spot Lucy huddled in the corner of the couch watching Sesame Street?

Nonnie . . . he's everywhere!

Love this happy face in the morning!

Lucy and her friend Ella raiding the toy shaker bin after our weekly Sing and Play class. #polkadots

This little lady loves her "green milk" but has developed quite a fear of the blender. 

Matty made Lu a pretty cool fort in her room last Tuesday. They played with flashlights and watched videos of firetrucks. 

How Lucy and Oma read books. 

I think this was a successful play time!

There was no way she was going to let me break down this box before she got some zooms. 

And then disaster struck, and I realized I was going to be sick, so I put Lucy in the playroom since it's gated and I wouldn't have to worry about her wandering around the house. I took this pic of her in between episodes when I went to check on her quick. I was so proud of her for occupying herself. However, I think by the time Matty got home 20 minutes later she was crying at the gate to get out. As if I didn't feel badly enough already!

I think Matty enjoyed his quiet day on Thursday . . . taking care of me, relaxing, and not having Lucy around. Too bad he got sick on Friday. 

My friend Lisa left these treats on our doorstep Thursday morning. So thoughtful! And then she came through big time on Friday night when we were out of Gatorade. I hadn't had any all day (or eaten anything) and realized I was feeling worse and worse, but neither of us was in any shape to leave the house or drive. So Lisa came to our rescue and left 4 bottles of Gatorade (and a container of Lysol wipes!) on our doorstep. That's what friends are for!

And that's all the pictures I have. Because when you are sick, you don't like to document things. 

I'm hoping to get back to normal this week and get out of the house with Lucy. We are both tired of being cooped up!

And I'll leave you with this. Saw this on FB the other day. There needs to be more posts like this and less political stuff. #whatpuppies

You're welcome.

Have a great week!


Post a Comment