Sunday, October 16, 2016

Playing Catch Up

Well hello there, I'm back! I've been a little MIA this past week because we've had some things going on that have been keeping us busy. And, quite honestly, I've been SO tired. I feel like my energy came back for the first two weeks of my second trimester and then something happened and it took a giant nose dive. I've also been having a TON of headaches which my doc says is related to all the pregnancy hormones. The only things I can take are Tylenol or Benedryl. Tylenol does nothing, and Benedryl completely knocks me out so I can only take it after Lucy goes to bed. I had these with Lucy, but not as bad and not so many days in a row. Hopefully they subside soon!

We're usually a pretty happy-go-lucky household, but I feel like this past month has been dumping on us a bit and it's been bringing me down a little. Before I get into it, I completely realize that these are all very trivial problems in the grand scheme of things, yet this is what we are dealing with in our lives right now and it's been a little hectic.

Remember my jury duty week where I got selected for the trial, Matty was out of town, and Lucy was super sick? That week jinxed us, and I feel like we just can't get out of our funk. In addition to dealing with Lucy's less than cooperative attitude lately, there's also been some issues with my car which won't be taken care of until the end of the month (which will require me to be without a car for several days), there was the period of time where our hot water wasn't working properly and we didn't have any for a few days, and, most recently, we've been dealing with what I've been referring to as Refridgeratorgate and Matty has called Fridgageddon. This issue is yet to be resolved, but once it is it will warrant it's very own scandalous blog post. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats. 

So anyway, needless to say, I just didn't quite have it in me to share our adventures last week, but I'm back and ready to blog! Sit back and relax because there's a lot to share. According to our Aunt Judie, there's no such thing as too many pictures in one post . . . so here you go, Aunt Judie!!

Last Monday started out with a trip to the doctor for Lucy. She had a super stuffy nose, fever, and some painful welts in her diaper area. I called the doc at 8:15 and Lucy was still sleeping. Her doctor had an opening at 9am. Thankfully, Lucy had worn her candy corn pj's to bed so we tossed on a pumpkin hoodie and away we went!

This basketball net arrived from Zulily later that day. I got it for $18.99! #whatadeal Lucy knew exactly what to do without me even showing her. 

Her three lovies were in the washer getting a bath, and she just couldn't deal with it. 

I got almost all of her hair up into pigtails!

Grandma Rita was visiting for a few days and got to experience story time at the library. 

This picture cracks me up. We were having our lawn aerated, and Matty wanted me to flag a drain that we have in our grass so that the people didn't run it over. The covering of the drain is green. I had a general idea of where it should have been, but both Rita and I were out there walking around FOREVER and couldn't find it. I FaceTime'd Matty at work and ran my phone across the grass so he could try to find it. Totally impossible, but super funny. We eventually found it just before the people showed up. It made our day!

Because Lucy wants to be involved in every activity . . . stirring some banana bread batter with Grandma Ri. 

I had given Lucy a cracker with cream cheese on it. She basically licked off all the cream cheese and left the cracker. #ifeelthesameway

Lucy hardly ever goes in our basement, but we had her down there the other day and she was pretty excited about my exercise balls. I took them outside for her to play with because, let's face it, there hasn't been much exercising going on lately!

No caption needed. 

Lucy was super proud of herself when she got three pieces of watermelon to stack on top of one another at dinner. 

Lucy had a play date on Friday morning that involved Halloween crafting. She put on her Halloween best for the occasion. 

We were at Lucy's friend Greta's house. Lu made herself at home by finding a purse and filling it with some of Greta's treasures. 

This is Greta's mama, Lisa. She has more energy than I would ever know what to do with, and has no qualms about getting out multiple tubs of paint with five toddlers running around. We love that she hosts crafty play dates. 

Look how cute this is! Lisa had everything out, planned, and ready to go and it ran like a well oiled machine. Lucy had paint on her foot, hand, and thumb and didn't even seem to care. 

We went for a nice walk on Friday evening, and I thought Lucy looked so big in her stroller!

This is her favorite way to ride. 

Before bed we played a few rounds of LuLu's new favorite game, "Where's Lucy?"

Matty took this pic to document the fact that Lucy squished her first bug. He said she was upset/confused after she squished it. haha

She wanted to push her stroller around the backyard, but also wanted me to hold her while she did it. 

This is my crazy "I'm doing my best to survive the afternoon" face. 

Silly snack face. 

I swear, I closed my eyes for ten seconds and Matty has to snap a pic of it. 

We took our sweetest baby out for Mexican food for Sweetest Day. She ate one tortilla chip, some oranges, and some cottage cheese. Matty and I ate some delicious tacos. If you're local, you should try Maiz in Ypsilanti. So yummy!

On Sunday morning, Lucy put on her thinking cap and played a flashcard game in the iPad with Matty. That kept her busy for a bit so that I could . . . 

 . . . plan our meals for the week and make our grocery list. Not pictured is the epic meltdown Lucy had when it was time to change her diaper and get dressed to go to the grocery. Ugh.

Matty used his super cool new lawnmower to get fancy in the backyard this weekend. If I'm being honest, I really don't care for the swirls. Anyone else with me??

And finally, Tommy turns ONE next Monday!! He celebrated a little early while visiting his grandma and grandpa in Toledo this weekend. Looks like he enjoyed his cupcake!

And that's all she wrote, folks! As usual, another busy week ahead of us, but word on the street is that my parents are taking Lucy for the night on Wednesday so this mama can have a little break. My mom wants to make sure that Lucy feels totally comfortable staying at their house by the time baby #2 arrives, so we have started practicing. I think it gets a little easier for everyone each time we do it. 

Hope everyone has a great week!


Post a Comment