Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Found another fun blog post to participate in! I'll fill in the blanks to show what we've been up to lately. Enjoy!

1. What We're Eating this Week . . . 

Ugh, dinners have been such a challenge. Everything I eat has to be dairy and soy free for little miss Lucy, so my options are very limited. I tried a new recipe in the crockpot for Brunswick Stew. It involved a pork tenderloin, BBQ sauce, beef broth, and veggies. I had high hopes because it was pretty simple to put together, but neither of us liked it very much. Bummer!

I also tried a new Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe which turned out pretty yummy. I substituted canola oil for the butter and used almond milk instead of regular milk.




2. What I'm Reminiscing About . . . 

Dairy and soy. Ice cream . . pizza . . . bread. Most days I am fine with following a special diet for Lucy. But somedays, when we are extra busy or I'm tired, I miss just being able to order a pizza or go out to eat. She has her 6 month check-up next month, and hopefully I'll get the ok to reintroduce some dairy and soy into my diet. 

3. What I'm Loving . . . 

My new vacuum! Finally, a vacuum that I can use to clean the furniture, carpets, and hard wood all in one! Goodbye three separate vacuums, hello Shark Professional!



4. What We've Been Up To  . . .

Nothing . . . except Lucy. We are all Lucy all the time. Maybe we need a date night!

5. What I'm Dreading . . . 

Winter! What am I going to do with a baby all winter long? I see lots of trips to the library for story time in our future. Matt suggested "mall walking," and explained that it's simply walking around the mall for exercise when it's too cold to walk outside. Apparently I'm not supposed to actually shop while I'm there. . . .just walk. I'm still confused. 

We normally try to walk the dogs every day in the winter, unless it's ridiculously cold or icy outside. I know we will have to cut back a bit because of Lucy, but I did purchase this little gem for the days when we want to take her outside. It's the softest thing ever . . . wish they had one in my size.



6. What I'm Working On . . .

This is twofold: 1. Getting Lucy on a napping schedule and 2. Getting Lucy to nap in her crib. We are AWESOME at bedtime. Lucy takes a bottle and goes into her crib no problem, even if she's still awake. Then we usually don't hear from her for about twelve hours. Naps, however, are a different story. I can't quite figure out a schedule yet. And even when I can tell that she's tired, she just cries and cries when I put her in the crib. Currently, she prefers to nap in her swing which makes cleaning and getting chores done during nap time difficult.



I'm nervous that if I keep pushing the crib for nap time that she'll start crying when I put her in it at bed time. I don't want to ruin the good bedtime routine we've got going. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

7. What I'm Excited About . . .

The holidays! Lucy is really starting to notice things now, so I think the Christmas decorations will be really fun for her. Also, I've got some cute outfits lined up and ready to go!



8. What I'm Watching/Reading . . .

Matty and I are working our way through the first season of Fargo. I can usually manage to stay awake for one episode a night. I've been attempting to read Alert by James Patterson for some time now. I'll finish it eventually!

9. What I'm Listening To . . . 

Haha, I'm listening to Raffi! I put his songs on for Lucy to try to get her to fall sleep . . . and then just left them on. They will be in my head for days now.

10. What I'm Wearing . . . 

Burgundy leggings and a beige sweatshirt. So comfortable . . . and spit-up friendly. Not really cute enough for a picture, though!

11. What I'm Doing This Weekend . . . 

Halloween! Holidays were made for photo opportunities, right? Lucy is going to be a pumpkin, but Matt's boss bought her a Piglet outfit that is adorable so we've been enjoying that too.



Sunday is my mom's birthday so we will be having some family time at mom and dad's . . . while eating Hot Fudge Cream Puffs! Well, everyone else will be eating them. I will most likely be drooling and watching everyone eat. 

12. What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month . . .

Going to meet our new nephew! I can't wait to get my hands on this little guy!






1 comments:

  1. I have a little something to add to Lucy's holiday collection! I picked up an outfit that I absolutely couldn't pass up!

    ReplyDelete